Friday, April 01, 2005

Succotash

This one's just all over the place...

I don't know what these two gals are up to, but dang I almost had Diet Coke pouring out my nose when I checked in at Smart Bitches today. Those bunnies *are* cute! (Turns out to be a great April Fools gag but you can still check it out.) Thank you, Candy and Sarah, for eternally supplying me with pure belly laughs. I *heart* you guys!

Both Steph Tyler and Meljean have recently done blogs in a style that I just love - writing a blog-as-story thingy. I love getting a glimpse into their "writer" brains. Steph has me itching to read more about her Jake...

I just discovered Sylvia Day's April word challenge, which looks to be a good place to publicly commit yourself to accomplishing some specific goal. This is what I need - someone to hold me accountable even if it is just a virtual accountability. Unfortunately (or actually fortunately because this is a good thing), I have big time company coming at the end of the month, so my goals for April include dusting, painting, and putting away those lingering Christmas decorations. I don't suppose this is what Sylvia had in mind, but I'll be back in May...

Glad to have Red Pen Diaries back. I missed her...

Maili, interesting remark in your YA/To Mc or Not to MC post. I'm an McC by marriage and figured I sat square in the middle of the Ms, but looks like maybe I can be promoted up to the Cs if it's something worth cutting up the line for *g*...

Yesterday afternoon I finished Ann Brashares' Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and after getting myself together enough to stop weeping, ran out and bought Second Summer of the Sisterhood and Girls in Pants, stayed up until 4 am reading SSotS (again with much weeping) and am contemplating blowing off pretty much everything today to start in on GiP. Dang. Good stuff. Plus I found out the Sisterhood movie releases June 3 and looks to be a pretty good adaptation. In the effort of continuing my YA glom, I'm heading to Borders to pick up a few Meg Cabots (Princess Diaries, All-American Girl) since it seems she's another writer who's managed to make a splash in the YA market.

Last official day of Spring Break (because weekends don't count) so I'm kind of looking forward to life getting back to normal next week. I'll miss the sleeping in but to have my mornings nice and quiet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a huge fan of Meg Cabot, I'm going to also recommend the 1-800-Where-R-You series. It's a bit more mature than Princess Diaries, deals with a couple more issues (especially in books 3 and 4). It's absolutely fascinating and hilarious. Ther's 4 books in the series, and it's not done yet - and Meg also has no plans of writing the 5th book too soon, unfortunately. But it doesn't leave on a cliffhanger or anything, so it's safe to read. :)

Good choice of author. ;)