Thursday, September 01, 2005

Ugly Rumor

In a forum for a group I belong to, one of the posters stated that the Canadian Red Cross is telling people that the American Red Cross has asked for no outside-US donations because it currently has everything under control.

If you've heard this rumor, please know that IT IS NOT TRUE.

I called the American Red Cross Donation Line (1-800-HELP-NOW) and was told that ANY donation is welcome. I specifically asked if I lived in Canada or Mexico or elsewhere outside of the US could I donate, and the woman I spoke with said YES.

So please, if you are not a US citizen but would like to donate something, please go to the American Red Cross website or call the donation line and do so.

It makes me sick to think of how many people will not donate simply because they believe their help is not needed.

God.

No comments: