Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Is It Here Yet?

Know how sherbet is supposed to cleanse the palate in anticipation of a fabu desert after a satisfying meal? I've just dished me up a heaping helping of orange because today, Lynn Viehl's long anticipated Dark Need hits the shelves. After the mundane of a Nora, I am sooo ready for this book.

I'm so ready, in fact, that I've been haunting both Wal-Mart and Borders hoping that I might scam a copy earlier than the June 6 release date. Ever since I got lucky with J.R. Ward's Lover Eternal, I've hoped I might strike gold again with some accidental early-display of a much anticipated release. I'm not so ridiculous to think I'll have my hands on Harry Potter 7 a week in advance, but, hey, it happens.

But since I'm a pragmatist, I ordered Dark Need from Barnes & Noble last week. As much as I'm dying to jump into this book, I get a 10% discount by being a B&N member (annual birthday gift from my mother which is much appreciated!) and I had a wish list long enough to qualify me for free shipping, I figured I could wait the extra couple of days for shipping. I'm going out of town this weekend and only hoped that the book would show up in time for me to take it along.

All of this, however, before PBW (writer extraordinaire of the Darkyn series) posted this excerpt from Dark Need. Can I just tell you that I'm twitching already? Thinking maybe waiting two or three days for shipping might not cut it, I figured I could always return my extra copy or give it to a friend (my cousin likes dark books, if I recall correctly...) if I might be able to find an early copy.

No such luck. And as the kids are now officially out of school and shopping for anything, even books, has taken on the appeal of a trip to the OB/GYN, I'm resigned to waiting another couple of days. It's only Tuesday, after all. So my chances of having it to read on my trip are still pretty good.

Did I ever mention that I'm not a very patient person?

No comments: