Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's Back and Better Than Ever

I have DirecTV, so I've been lucky enough to get to watch Season 3 of Friday Night Lights. My love of the show is no secret. It is, without a doubt, the best TV show I've ever watched (and I say this feeling slightly guilty due to my absolute adoration of Burn Notice, but they are different enough that it's apples to oranges, and I love both). Even Season 2, which disappointed many fans because it veered too far off into traditional TV melodrama land, was better than anything on TV then or now. I can say, as a person who has been invested in this show since Day 1, Episode 1, that Season 3 is as close to perfection as possible. If FNL doesn't get picked up for a fourth season (shame on you, NBC, if you wimp out on us!!), I will at least feel satisfied at the way things ended.

This Friday, NBC will begin airing Season 3. (You can catch a preview of Episode 301 if you don't want to wait that long.) I will be both watching the episodes as they air and re-DVRing them. If you are a fan of this show, please press your friends and family members to jump on our bandwagon. We need to save this gem.

If you've never watched the show, I implore you to give it a try. While any show is best viewed from the beginning, IMHO, you can pick up at the beginning of Season 3 without missing a beat. Because this show doesn't rely on soap opera-like continuing dramas and hyped up cliffhangers, it's not necessary to know every character's backstory in order to become intrigued and completely hooked. I refer you to an excellent post at Zap2It, where she not only cheerleads for the show but offers a tiny catch-up synopsis that is quite sufficient to prepare any non-viewer.

Really, if I can get two new fans of this show, I will be happy. Even more and I will be ecstatic.

Watch it. You won't regret it. I promise.

No comments: