Friday, February 24, 2006

March Madness

Can I tell you how glad I am that February is almost over? I think bears have the right idea with the whole hibernating thing. If I could get away with it, I'd crawl into bed on January 2nd and not emerge until at least April 1st. Maybe May 1st if April has crappy weather. I just get so tired of the cold and dark days.

But, a couple of good things on the near horizon to keep me going until Spring.

Pride & Prejudice Movie Version comes out on DVD on February 28th. I loved this take. I'm packing the A&E/BBC miniseries and this version into my in-case-I'm-stranded-on-a-deserted-island suitcase. Along with a DVD player and 3000 tons of batteries.

March 7 is a huge day, with the release of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on DVD and the appearance of the second of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series on shelves. I'll probably dig into Lover Eternal while I'm sitting at stoplights on the way home from the bookstore. Jarhead also will be released on DVD on March 7th, but I'm on the fence about this as a purchase or a rental. Oh, who am I kidding?

Movie-wise, Failure to Launch looks promising in the romantic comedy department (out on March 10), and there's a 99.9% chance that Matthew McConaughey will show us some fine bare chestage since I think it's written in his contract he must remove his shirt at least once per movie. Yep - watch the trailer. Put that at 100% likelihood.

My daughter's hot for the release of Aquamarine, which I promised to take her to see the night the hubby and son attend the annual Father/Son Round-up BBQ event. I haven't told her yet that it might not be in theatres yet. She'll be crushed to have to wait to see the story of a mermaid falling for the cute lifeguard and all of the whacky hijinks sure to ensue. I, myself, am a bit more excited about Ultraviolet, but I'm not thinking that's an 8-year-old friendly film.

Then we've got the Academy Awards on March 5th. Of course, I've seen all of one of the films nominated for Best Picture, so unless Brokeback Mountain sweeps the awards, I'm destined for disappointment.

Add to all of these media temptations a Disco Dance Birthday Party for the daughter, which will involve - no doubt - multiple playings of the Macerana, the High School Musical soundtrack and Hillary Duff's entire backlist, followed by a week of Spring Break and what do I have to complain about? March is looking like a banner month!

So how many days until summer vacation?

3 comments:

MJFredrick said...

I didn't know Harry Potter was coming out already! Cool!

Tracy Montoya said...

Lynn, don't forget, the Gold Medal Edition of The Cutting Edge is out today. It has a documentary extra, so maybe we'll find out if Doug and Kate won the gold or not.

Lynn M said...

No way!! I didn't know the Gold Medal Edition of the Cutting Edge was out? Dang!!! Thanks for letting me know - I'm heading to Amazon right now. :))))