Monday, October 06, 2008

The Making of Cougar Bait

So, this was the first year I followed American Idol. And what I want to know is if it's normal for contestants to go from this:


To this:


Yeah, I was a Cookie fan. From the moment David Cook chose and performed So Happy Together I was sold. Sure, I had eyes for Jason Castro as well (first time I ever found dreadlocks attractive), but it was always Cookie for the win.

And to be fair, his metamorphosis wasn't completely out of the blue. Early on, you could tell that beneath that out-of-control comb-forward lurked some amazing eyes and a gorgeous mouth.


He started showing his true potential mid-season once he got the hair out of his face.

Too, I think all of the stress and the insane schedule of being on Idol caused him to lose the tiny bit of softness that labeled him more "nerd" than "stud".


Add some wardrobe improvements, and by the end, he barely resembled the red faux-hawk sporting emo-dude from the auditions.

When he showed up on People Magazine's list of Single and Sexy Men of 2008, the decision was a no-brainer.
If Cookie's hotness journey is de rigueur for American Idol contestants, count me in for Season 8.

No comments: