Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Happy 2nd, Bloggie

It wasn't until I saw it over on Smart Bitches that I realized my 2nd blogging anniversary has come and gone. On January 19, 2005 I posted my first entry. I cannot believe it's been two full years that I've been doing this!

Last year, though, wasn't nearly as prolific as my first year at it. I racked up only 130 posts in 2006, which is sadly close to almost half my 2005 figure of 211. I really slacked off, which I blame on having less to say. Never in a million years would have guessed something like that might happen.

Too, I've learned that if I have any hope of disciplining myself, I have to cut back on the time I spend on the internet. The number of blogs I visited plus the amount I would spend on lengthy blog posts was a time suck of epic proportions. I've significantly cut back on my blog hopping, with only a handful of daily stops and another handful of weekly stops. An afternoon of luxury is one where I jump around without glancing at the clock every five minutes.

2006 was a pretty good year. No book yet, but steady progress. Baby steps. Baby turtle steps!

No comments: